Sunday, October 30, 2011

Osan Air Power Show

Once a year the Osan Air force base opens their gates to the public for an air show of Korean and American aircraft. A teacher at my school invited me to go with him and some of his students. A ran into a bit of an obstacle when I tried to enter the base. Since I am a foreigner, they were requiring a passport to enter, which doesn't  make sense since they only require an ARC card (My korean Identification) to enter the base, so I had to ran back home, which is about 30 minutes by bus. I made it back just in time to watch the Black Eagles, which I was told was the best show of the day. I've never seen an air show by the air force, and I was really impressed with the show.
This guy was standing outside the base with a sign that says "stop the air show".
1. I think he is preaching to the wrong crowd since we were all going to the air show.
2. Funny thing is while I was taking the picture he started to put his banner down. When I looked at him again he was holding a camera and taking pictures of the planes that where passing by. 
One of the Black Eagles' plane
On base walking to the air show. I love how you can really feel the fall in this picture. 

The Black Eagles in the sky
The Black Eagles
A pilot of The Black Eagles
The kids hooked me up with a DVD of the Black Eagles performance and one of the pilot's signature
 After the Black Eagles' performance, we went to have lunch. There where so many food vendors but the lines where ridiculously long, which was unfortunate since the top reason for me going was the food. (might have also been a blessing since I am pretty sure I would have hit up every booth for American food.) We got in the shortest line and got pulled pork burgers, which was still a nice change from the Korean food. I also got a US dollar in change back, which made me kind of happy for some reason. I must also note that it was refreshing to order in English to Americans.
The kids enjoying American food 
A perfect day for the air show

No comments:

Post a Comment