Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I actually had three Thanksgiving Day dinners this year in order to compensate for not being at home haha. The first dinner was a few weeks before the actual holiday and was hosted by a very gracious couple who are affiliated with the military, which meant TURKEY!

The second dinner was on the Friday after thanksgiving and we were supposed to have a Korean stuffed duck but due to some unforeseen circumstances dinner got changed to shabu shabu. I can’t complain about that since I love shabu! Even though Korean shabu is a little different than the kind I am used to eating at home, which is Japanese style.
The last dinner, I hosted at my home.  Everyone brought traditional thanksgiving sides and we even had homemade pumpkin pie thanks to my amazing neighbors. The only thing that was missing was the turkey. The original plan was to purchase a cooked turkey from an online website, but we found another place that was cheaper. When we called the restaurant I was advised they were not delivering this year and it was too late to place an order online so we had to settle on chicken. Turkey or no turkey it was delicious and I couldn’t have asked more then to spend the day with good friends.

The works: Stuffing, vegetables, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls, and chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment