Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Vacation


I originally was going to be off from August 8th through August 19th, but this week I was informed that not all the schools get off the week our school gets off, which means I have to split my vacation. I would have preferred to be off two weeks in a row, but having two weeks off in the summer and then another two weeks in the winter is nothing to complain about.

So what am I going to do this summer vacation? The first week I want to travel. My first plan was China. Mainly, because there is a huge restriction for us living Korea when applying for our visa and I rather go somewhere warm in the wintertime (like Thailand and Indonesia). For the Americans with a Visa in Korea we need at least 6 months left on our visa when we apply for the visa to enter china. On interesting fact is that we don’t need a visa for Hong Kong or Taiwan.

I found a recruiter that would help me apply for the visa and I would not have to loose time from work. I worked with them to find flights, tours, and hotels. After all that work I was ready to pay and found out I needed my ARC card to apply for my visa. There is that pesty alien card again. So no China trip for me. I am currently working on an alternative trip.

As for the second week I have off, my parents are supposed to visit me. I can’t wait to see them! I have also been informed my sister has accepted a job to teach in Korea, I am not sure when she starts, but I cant wait to see her too!

There is a lot to look forward to in summer, but the only thing I am not looking forward to is the heat! It is so hot now and they say it will get warmer. I might just purchase an AC unit. I sleep with the fan directly at me but it is still HOT. It is not supposed to be a good temperature until September. LOL I hope I survive this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment