Friday, July 15, 2011

A Wrong Turn

So the other night, I was walking home from downtown Pyeongtaek. I turned on the wrong street, but I knew where I was, and where the street I wanted to take was at. I decided to keep walking and make a left on the next street to get back on the path I wanted to take home. Now I have to say that Korea is very safe. I love that I can walk on the streets at night, and I never feel scared. 


Anyways, I was on my way home and the street I decided to turn on did not feel quite right. First of all, there was a lady just standing outside a fortune teller's shop and the narrow street seemed a little too dark. Since I thought I knew where I was going, I decided to keep walking since it was a short distance away. So the more and more I walked into the dark tiny street the more odd it felt. There was no one walking on the street, and there were also no cars going through. As I kept walking, I noticed some bright pink neon lights up ahead, and then I notice some ladies standing outside. Theses ladies were wearing white skimpy outfits. 


If you haven't guess by now, I was the the red light district. I have heard of this areas before but didn't really know where it was. I actually still don't know where I was at or where it's at. The girls did turn to look at me but then looked away. I did see a van drive by and the girls where trying to hail it down but were unsuccessful. It seemed like it was a really slow day for them. I started to panic, and every street i tried to turn on was just covered with girls, windows, and pink lights. I was definitely not going the right way. I had no choice but to turn around. The lady I saw outside the the fortune teller's shop was still there when I finally made it out. I pretty sure she had something to do with the red light district. When I got back on the main street, I was so turned around. 

I couldn't help but laugh at what had happened. This by far has been the funniest thing that has happened to me in Korea. My only regret is that I didn't take video or pictures. If I get the opportunity again, I will definitely be capturing it on film. 

In case you were worried, I did make it back home. I eventually found the outdoor market and knew I just had to walk straight though and would get back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment