Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Quit!... Well not so fast

I planned on giving my two week notice at work today, but that did not go as planned. Before I give my notice, I want to make sure I have everything squared away. What is holding me back is that I still do not have my one-way ticket to Korea.  The agency is going to book my flight and I was told they would start working on it as of last Thursday. On Monday I still had no word from them. I sent them a quick email only to be told they had more urgent flights they had to schedule, but by Tuesday morning they had sent me an itinerary. I was excited until I realized the departure date was Sunday May 29th. My earliest start date is May 30th because of my graduation. I quickly began to worry that my start date would jeopardize my new job, and adds to fact that this is not set in stone. I definitely do not want to quit my current job prematurely, but I also want to maintain a good relationship with the company and give a full 2 week notice.

After going back and forth with the recruiting agency it appears I finally have my flight scheduled. (Yay!) My tentative itinerary states I will be departing from LAX at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 30th. The flight will have no layovers, and incase you are interested a total of 5,973 miles will be traveled. (I  thought it was an interesting fact) The total travel time is 13 hours! This means I will arrive in Korea on Tuesday, May 31st at 6:10 pm. Ahh! 13 days till I leave!!!!

So tomorrow will be the big 'I QUIT' day. A little nervous about giving my notice, but also super excited! I get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about it.

In other news, I received my travel books in the mail for Thailand, Bali, and China, which cheered me up during the time of uncertainty. I also purchased a Patagonia Down With It Parka for Korea's very cold winters. I hope it comes before I leave.

1 comment:

  1. Gonna miss you at work. :( But I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete