Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Documents Have Arrived in Korea!!!

My documents have finally arrived in Korea. I sent them via FedEx on Friday and they arrived on Tuesday. My documents weighed a little over 1 pound and cost about $75 dollars to ship and $10 more to expedite it!!! The required documents for the GEPIK application are as follows:
  • FBI Check issued within the last 6 months Notarized and Apostilled
  • A copy of my B.S. Degree Notarized and Apostilled. (Original also needs to be brought to Korea)
  • A copy of the M.B.A., which did not have to be Notarized or Aposstilled. (Original also needs to be brought to Korea)
  • 1 set of sealed university transcripts
  • Copy of the info page in my passport
  • 4 Color passport photos 
  • Signed copy of resume
  • 2 reference letter
  • Cover Page/Personal Essay
  • 3 Copies of the signed Contract
  • Application Copy
  • Health Statement Form
  • Korea Checklist
It seems like a lot of paperwork, but it really wasn't that hard to get everything. My recruiter has informed me they have sent the paper work to my future employer. The next step is to contact my nearest Korean Consulate once I receive my contract with Visa Confirmation Number. I hope all my paperwork was completed/filled out correctly, so there are no delays in getting my Visa.

My flight will not be booked until I receive my Visa. I am hoping to leave by the 30th, which means 27 days to go!!! Woot Woot!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment