Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 1


I woke up at 3:00 am and then again at 5:00 am. I don’t think the jet lag pills worked but I definitely did not feel as awful as anticipated. I got ready for school and finished unpacking. I didn’t get lost going to school. It took about 20 minuets walking. I had to ask a kid how to get to the classroom. Where I work is called the English Village. The door was decorated with balloons and had a sign saying “Welcome Rosana”. I met my co-teacher Sue and the other foreign teacher Brooke from Colorado. I also met the principal, vice principle and other teachers at the school. I taught with my co-teacher that day.

Brooke showed me around town. We first had dinner at a place by her apartment. We ordered Tuna Kimbap (Which was amazing) and what we thought was kimchi fried rice, but it was some other kind of rice dish. Then we went to the super market by bus. The bus ride was intense; you really do have to hold on for dear life. The bus drivers accelerate and brake really fast, which sends you flying in every direction. I purchased the essentials: toilet paper, paper towels, blow drier, flat iron, yogurt, and some fruit.

I was exhausted by the end of the night. 

2 comments:

  1. oh, you work at an English Village?!?.....so you have a different group of kids each week then? i didnt know those were though GEPIK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I also teach a regular class for 6th grade

    ReplyDelete