Sunday, June 12, 2011

Itaewon Adventure


On Saturday I went to Itaewon to meet with a friend. This City was filled with foreigners. It felt like I was back in the States. We walked around and then had dinner at a Mexican restaurant called Taco, which was good considering we were in Korea. We then went to Starbucks and hung out there for a while. Once it cooled down out side, we went to What the Book, it is a bookstore with used books. You can also go there and sell your books. I purchased Korean for Dummies. Hopefully I will I can learn some Korean :) 

Afterwards we went to a bar and had a few drinks and started to go back around 10:15 pm. By the time I got to Seoul Station it was 11:00. I am not sure if the subway stops running at 11:30 or 12:00, but it was defiantly closing soon. I went to the train station, and there were no more trains going back to Pyeongtaek. I went back to the subway, but by the time the metro I needed to take back home came it was 11:20 and I didn’t want to risk taking it and it stopping at some random City since I knew it would take an hour and a half to get out to Pyeongtaek, so I stayed in Seoul for the night. 

I think I stayed at a love motel. The other option was a jjimjilbang, but I did not want to sleep in that heat again. When I paid for my room I got a toothbrush. Inside there was a TV, air-conditioner, a shower, and I also think there was X Box. The next morning I walked around the city for a while, but everything was closed. I don’t know if that was because it was Sunday or if it was still too early, but it was after 9:00 am. I had breakfast at Dunkin Doughnuts and took a train back to Pyeongtake.

I went to Diaso, which was at the station. Diaso is a store for home stuff for really cheap. I went there with the intention to buy a new shower curtain, but came out with all this instead:
Everything was under 30,000 won

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Daiso!! we've bought so much house stuff there!
    we've gotten stuck in seoul because of the subway too. one time we had to call our friends and stay the night at thier house and another we had to take a random bus that went to some random part of our city and then take a taxi to our house.
    ~jennyfer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about taking a bus but i wasn't sure where the bus station was =/

    ReplyDelete