Friday, June 10, 2011

Observations

I have been here 11 days already and here is a list of things I have found interesting:


  • No body drinks any fluids with their lunch at school. I always bring my water bottle with me. It’s funny because they do serve water when I eat out.
  • They really don’t use paper towels or napkins. At lunch there is toilet paper to use if we needed it. In restaurants there are very small paper napkins you can use.
  • Kids are more independent here. The other day I was on my way to school when this little boy, who must have been 5 got on the elevator by himself and got on to the steep stool and pushed the close button. When we got down he proceed to get out of the elevator and walked with such confidence to school with his matching backpack and lunch pale. I would never see that back home. Kids are usually not allowed to go out on the street by them selves.
  • The children at school have to clean at lunch. They take turns doing it, but I think it is a great idea, and we should do it in the states.
  • Korea has made me feel like I am a germaphobe!
  • The other day my co-teacher had cut some fruit for the after school class and had the students help clean the cutting board and knife! You would never see that at home! And she cut the fruit with her bare hands. I feel if this was at home the person cutting the fruit would have to have some time of food handling training and would need to wear gloves.
  • They seem to be into their looks. I always find Korean women looking at them selves in the mirror. And lets not for get my passport photoshop experience, and women walking on the streets with heels.
  • Paper, rock scissors solves all the problems in the world.
  • Driving laws are considered optional. You need to watch out on theses streets. People don’t seem to follow the rules, yet I haven’t seen any accidents. 
  • Fruit tastes so much better out here! I am not sure if it is because it is grown locally or if it’s because the food is in season. Regardless, it’s yummy. 

Here is one of my favorite fruits right now

No comments:

Post a Comment