Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Departure

My final days in America were super busy. On Friday, I packed for 6 hours! I was not able to bring everything I wanted to bring, but was able to fit the essentials into 2 suitcases.

Here is everything I wanted to pack:

( I think there was actually more then this)

Saturday and Sunday were spent with friends and family at a graduation/going way get together. On Monday, I had breakfast with my family and said my final goodbyes.   

I got to the airport at 10:00 am. I learned the real weight limit was 50 lbs. for each suitcase, and it is cheaper to have 3 suitcases then to have one over way over the weight requirement. I purchased a box for $7 and separated my large suitcase. I paid an additional $110 for the 3rd suitcase.

My flight was pretty uneventful. They did give us slippers for the trip, which was nice. I think I was able to sleep for 5 hours of my 13 hour flight. For lunch we were served bibimbap and for dinner I had some seafood pasta (not sure if that was a wise choice). I watched about 5 films. (I am Number 4, Fair Game, and How Do You Know, are the only ones I can remember) I also think I there was a celebrity or model on our flight. When I got off I saw her taking a picture with a flight attendant and when I got out of the airport the paparazzi was there! Here is the picture I got of her:

As advised Mr. Kim was there to pick me up.



Mr. Kim drove me to Pyeongtaek, the City I will call home for the next year. It took about an hour to get there. 

When I arrived at the apartment parking lot, the person I interviewed with was there to show me to my apartment. The first thing that came out of his mouth was “are you okay?”. I must have looked like hell after my long flight and lack of sleep! As we walked to my apartment I became wary of what my apartment would look like from looking at the hallways, but to my surprise my apartment was very nice! Very spacious and I even have a shower! Two bedroom, one bath, living room, and kitchen area.


I got directions and two letters written in Korean asking for help incase I got lost going to school or going back home.

That night I unpacked one of my suitcases, took a shower, and called it a night. 

2 comments:

  1. hey, your video is labeled as private.
    ~jennyfer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant post on youtube for some reason I have posted the video on FB

    ReplyDelete