Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcome Dinner


On Thursday, the ESL department took me out to dinner at the tofu house. We had a traditional meal with different types of soups and side dishes.


Afterwards we planed to go to drink beer or karaoke, but somehow that turned into seeing Kung Fu Panda II. The movie was cute, but not as good as the first one. The movies out here don’t have previews. I also don’t think they sell candy, but they doe have popcorn, drinks, and I think hot dogs. The movie tickets cost 8,000 won and they also have a matinee special for the first showing, but I think they start showing movies at 8:00 am. The theater has assigned seating, which is different then back home. The movie was in English with Korean subtitles.

Overall it was a good day.

4 comments:

  1. sometimes they just show commercials before movies and sometmes they show trailers.
    you should try thier caramel popcorn, it's amazing. they also sell beer at movie theaters here, which is interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats right they did have beer. I don't really like butter popcorn but i will try the caramel popcorn next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and it's great because they dont overcharge like crazy like in the U.S. ALSO, they dont mind if you openly take outside food into the theater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I got a soda for 2,000. I didn't know I could take stuff i! I am excited... I will do that next time!

    ReplyDelete