Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spaghetti Night!

I was invited to go to spaghetti night at theArmy base, Camp Humphreys. I was really excited to go, but did not really know what to expect. This base is in Pyongtaek, but it took over 30 minuets to get there. The surrounding area of the base was deserted and quite scary looking. I can now understand if people say they hate Korea if they were only exposed to that kind of area.

Once we got inside, the base looked kind of bare. We went into the restaurant and paid $12 dollars for the meal, which was all you can eat. We were also able to pay with US dollars. There was a salad bar, pasta bar, a fresh fruit section, and free beer and wine. I thought this was a great deal. I was happy I brought my appetite. The salad was amazing! I have only been here two weeks but it seems like I haven't had a real salad in forever. The pasta was delicious as well. I got angel hair pasta with shrimp, olives, mushrooms, and garlic with a vegetarian red sauce. Afterwards, we played miniature gulf for free! It was a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment