Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2


I woke up at 5:30 instead of 5:00. I tried to clean a little. Supposedly the school hired someone to clean the apartment, but it doesn’t seem like anyone cleaned it.  Its not disgusting but it does need to be cleaned. I read that the standard of cleanliness is not as high here as it is in the states. =/

I taught my first class by my self. They were 5th graders and it went well. One of my classes had a group of boys that I had to separate, but other then that it went well. I am still trying to get the hang of things at school, but I know it will take time.

The English Department bought pizza as a welcome for me and for Brooke’s birthday. The pizza was good; the curst was a little sweet. They also served pickles on the side, which was odd.

Latter that night, we went to the park and had more pizza to celebrate Brooke’s birthday. I met other foreigners living in Pyeongtak. We played and egg toss game and lit some fireworks, which was a perfect way to end the evening. 

2 comments:

  1. it's not that the standard of cleanliness is lower, it's that cleaning products arent "healthy"....so they usually only clean with water. i recommend you buy anti-bacterial at the store to use after classes. people tend to sneeze on their hands here. and most dont wash their hands after they go into the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about what you taught. Do they have a set curriculum? Did you make lesson plans prior to going in?

    ReplyDelete