Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rain Rain


So it has been super hot since I have been in Korea. It really is not that warm compared to California. It has been in the 80’s back home. Maybe I notice a difference because I am outside more and I have to walk everywhere.

So finally it has cooled down, with the rain. The rain started Thursday and it did not rain all day, but now it is Saturday and it literally rained for two days straight! Thursday brought some strong winds. It was difficult to sleep with the whistling of the wind. I looked at the river today, and the cross path to switch sides is completely submerged in water. My co-teacher had told me to be careful when I walk there because it does get flooded. I didn’t believe her then, but now I think the whole thing could be covered in water by next week.

It is supposed to rain for the next 5 days. I am so glad I brought my rain boots! It’s weird because I usually associate the rain with cold, but out here it is still warm. People still walk in shorts and skirts but now with umbrellas.

I was told that this is not even the rainy season! The rain is not supposed to come until August. I am sure by next week I am going to hate the rain, and I am not sure how I will do when the real rainy season comes. I am worried that it is going to get super humid and hot by the time this rain stops, but for now I am enjoying the cool weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment