Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Morning Hospital

In order to get my Alien Residence Card, I have to get a medical examination. On Friday morning, my co-teacher took me to Good Morning Hospital. The hospital had an interesting lay out. There was a lobby area that looked like it belonged to a hotel rather then a hospital. All the workers were in uniform matching the lime green furniture. There were stations on the perimeter of the lobby. We had to take a number and fill out some paper work. When they called our number we were informed I had to be fasting because if I ate it would affect my liver functions and cholesterol. I am not sure how that would be relevant, but I had to go back the next day.

I also found out I needed more passport size pictures, so after the hospital we went to a photo shop. For 12,000 won I got 12 passport pictures, a free keychain, and a free picture of my co-teacher and myself. The funny thing about the picture place is that they totally photoshopped my picture.
(sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate this picture)
I went back to the hospital on Saturday. I had to take a taxi because I still do not feel comfortable taking the bus by my self. I had to go to 5 stations:
  • Station 1: Urine and blood
  • Station 2: Chest x-rays
  • Station 3: Weight and height measurements and they also measured my chest
  • Station 4: Hearing and vision test
  • Station 5: Consultation. I am assuming this was with a doctor. She spoke English very well and asked me my medical history.
The exam took about 30 minuets and cost 70,000 wons. The results will be ready in 10 days. Once I get the results I can apply for my alien card. I was told it now takes 3 weeks to get the card from immigration opposed to the 1 week it used to take. Once I have this card I can get Internet at home, a cell phone, and a bank account. So it is very important to have.

3 comments:

  1. it'll take a little while to get used to your immediate surroundings. just write down all the buses that stop in front of your apartment. also, in korea people dont relaly give addresses to the taxi drivers, you give them landmarks. for example when i want to get to my house i tell them the name of the park that's across the street, or the name of my school...and then from there you can direct them closer to your house. unless your apartment complex is really big or well-known, then they'll probably know where it is just by saying the apartment name.
    well, at least you can use a PC Bang to do internet stuff until you get your internet at home fixed. we didnt get internet for a month, you'll be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I like your pictures, they came out nice. Very fancy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I looked torn up when i toke the picture. They really worked some miracles :)

    ReplyDelete